About this Yacht
35 ft 2 in
Engine / Fuel Type:
View More Details
LOA: 35 ft 2 in
Beam: 11 ft 9 in
LWL: 30 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Displacement: 12500 lbs
Ballast: 4200 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 53 ft 0 in
Total Power: 27 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 3GM30F
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 27 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (72 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (25 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (17 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
"Pistachio" is appointed with a lovely varnished cherry interior, high quality joinery and built in cabinetry, dove tailed drawers, polisted chrome hardware, high quality fixtures, Newish teak and holly cabin sole, and fiberglass headliner with cherry battens. The overall effect is a very nice clean modern vessel with accommodations for family cruising.
Starting forward, the master stateroom has a large V-berth with 4 storage drawers under the berth and cabinets outboard with a hanging locker. The salon just aft of the bulkhead is a nice size with an L-shaped settee to starboard and long straight settee to port. The fixed centerline drop-leaf table is perfect for dining for four or six. Moving aft, port of companionway is a large head with a stall shower and plexiglass enclosure and molded seat. Granitcote-like solid surface countertops with integral sink and hot and cold faucet. A large aft cabin with a double berth extending under the cockpit and cabinetry seat with hanging locker. Ample space for privacy standing and dressing. Adjacent to starboard of companionway is a full galley and access to a beautiful well laid out Nav Station with ample storage.
- Varnished Cherry interior (like new in condition)
- 2017 New varnished teak and holly cabin sole throughout
- Fwd berth and aft double berth ... 78' x 60"
- (13) opening Stainless Steel ports provided great lighting and ventilation throughout
- (2) large opening deck hatches
- (2) 4" Chrome dorade vents
- 2017 New head and hose (macertor - non operational / frozen
"Pistachio" has a GREAT working galley eith on the hook or underway. Sitting starboard of the companionway, keeping the "chief" in the center of the party ! Corian counter tops and ample storage throughout.
- Adler Barbour top and front loading refrigeration
- Force 10 (3) burner LPG gimbaled stove and oven (2016)
- LPG vapor monitoring system
- Deep 9" SS sink with pressure hot and cold water
- Built in trash bin
Engine and Electrical
- Yanmar 27 hp 3GM30F FWC (located behind companionway stairs)
- 3 blade fixed 15RH12
- 1 1/8 Stainless Steel shaft
- Full service 2020 Chucks Marine
- 12V / 110V system
- 2015 (3) Gp 27 AGM
- Magnum 1000 Charger
- Magnum 2000 Inverter
A very comfortable and spacious Nav Staion starboard of the companionway, just aft of the galley.
- B&G Knot - Depth - Windspeed/point
- Raymarine ST5000 Autopilot
- eS7" Color chartplotter Hybrid touch .. (built-in Wi-Fi allows you access a display from anywhere aboard using Raymarine mobile apps, download Navionics chart updates)
- ICOM M-506 VHF radio with ram mic
- AIS - Receiver
- Fusion MS-RA205 Sirius XM stereo
- note...there is a dome on the mast but NO RADAR
Deck and Hull
The 3500's hull is hand laminated with alternating layers of strand mat and locally reinforced with undirectional E-glass. The gelcoat backup layer includes a 4 millimeter coat of vinylester resin to prevent blistering. The hull is partially cored with Baltek balsa for panel stiffness but is solid glass at the deck flange, through-hull fitting, chain plates and keel installation. The keel is externally fastened with stainless bolts and the rudder stock is a massive 3 inch stainless steel post.
- Fin Keel
- Spade Rudder
- Bottom Painted 2019
The deck is balsa cored and joined to the hull with stainless fasteners that are tapped into aluminum receiving plates, then molded into the hull flange and chemically bonded. Like the hull, the deck is solid glass beneath high-load hardware. Backing plates are aluminum and fiberglass. The side decks are wide and the chain plates and jib sheet trackes are well inboard, providing a tighter sheeting angle to weather. Also, providing clear, clean and safe passage for moving from bow to stern. A good size anchor locker forward and single anchor roller.
- Rocna #15 anchor with approx 30' chain and rode
- White deck with off white non-skid
- Teak toe rail
- Iverson OFF SHORE Dodger and Bimini with transition.
The T-shaped cockpit has plenty of space to seat four plus the helmsperson comfortably. The primary winches are mounted well aft, making the trasition from the cockpit to the deck less cluttered and allows the single handed sailor an easier reach. The electric drop down transom makes swimming more accessible and offers a good landing spot for the dingy.
- Hot / Cold pressure stern shower
It is known, the Tartan 3500 is a nice sailing boat throught a wide range of conditions. A sail area-to-displacement ration of 19.4 and displacement to length ration of 188 describes a boat that is not a cruising slug by any means. The polars suggest good light-air performance, even while sailing on the wind, and there is no doubt the 3500 will be able to stand up to a blow. Accouring to owners, the 3500 reaches in a stiff breeze with speeds upward of 8 knots.
Rigging and Sails
- Double spreader masthead sloop rig
- Keel stepped mast
- Spring loaded vang
- Running Rigging 2014
- All lines led aft to Spinlock rope clutches
- (2) Harken 2 speed ST #32 (cabin top halyard / traveler winches)
- (2) Harken 2 speed ST #46 (primaries)
- Stack Pack / Double reef ppoint / Full batten Main
- 100% Quantum furling jib
A modern Classic !
Introduced in 1991, the 3500 was one of Tim Jackett's earliest designs. Tartan built a 152 hulls of teh 3500 before the boat was reired in 2005.